Project Management Tools & Techniques for the Construction Sector provides the fundamentals of project management based on the Project Management Institute (PMI) standards and guidelines.
This workshop is a comprehensive overview of construction sector project management techniques so you can effectively plan, manage, and control projects. Theory and practical examples of these methodologies are provided in an interactive format. You gain skills that you can apply immediately on the job.
This workshop prepares students for more advanced project management workshops and also for project management certification preparation programs, including Project Management Professional (PMP)® and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® certification preparation workshops (PM 400 and PM 402).
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to understand and apply project management techniques to their current and future projects. They should also be able to effectively manage projects and achieve immediate improvements on project performance.
Master basic project management skills, techniques, and methodologies that enable you to:
- Prioritize your projects and workload
- Create SMART project goals
- Establish a comprehensive project plan following the Project Management Framework based on PMI standards
- Recruit and manage high performing teams
- Identify and agree on realistic client/customer requirements
- Create a work breakdown structure that makes your projects easier to manage
- Establish reliable project budgets and schedules
- Implement project tracking techniques
- Create effective strategies to control the project budget, schedule, and quality
Duration: 2 day workshop.