This course is intended for anyone who is new to, self-taught or has never used Microsoft Project and would like to learn how to use it as a tool to manage their projects.
People enrolling in this course should have the following:
- A general understanding of project management concepts
- Basic skills with Microsoft Windows
Topics covered by this course:
- Create a new project plan file and enter project information
- Manage tasks by organizing tasks and setting task relationships
- Determine critical path, total float and free float
- Manage resources for a project such as labour
- Finalize a project plan by setting a baseline
- Track progress using the tracking Gantt chart
Who should attend?
Anyone whose work involves planning and scheduling the work: project managers, project coordinators, construction managers, superintendents, general foremen, foremen and estimators of all levels will benefit from the workshop. This course is for owners, consultants, contractors and subcontractors in all segments of the construction industry.
Duration – 1 Days – 7 Hours
Gold Seal Credits
This course is worth 1 gold seal credit.
Presenter: Phil Perry, P. Eng
Phil has over thirty years in the Construction industry, most of which was managing industrial projects for general contractors. He has been teaching post-secondary construction management courses for the last thirteen years. Phil has been facilitating Better SuperVision programs since 2009. He has facilitated over five hundred courses and over four thousand students over the last five years.
Phil was the recipient of the 2018 IG Wealth Management Community National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) Coach Developer Award, presented to individuals who go above and beyond to develop trained and certified NCCP Coaches.