The information presented in this course will help you to improve your communication skills both written and oral, your negotiating skills and conflict resolution abilities alongside co-workers and on the job site every day.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Define a conflict
- Identify the stages of conflict
- Describe the importance of communication
- Apply assertiveness techniques to get a point across
- Deal with difficult people more effectively
- Recognize the criteria for an effective negotiator
- Describe how power can be used/abused in negotiation
- Identify when to close negotiations
This online course consists of 5 lessons of approximately 45 minutes duration each, for a total of about 4 hours of self-paced instruction. The 5 lessons you will work through in this course are as follows:
- Communicating Effectively
- Interpersonal Communications
- Conflict Resolution
- Exam/Final Test
Course content contains interactive elements, case studies, and practical examples. You will also have access to a search function, course glossary, and reference library.
Accessing your online course:
- Please note that course access is not immediate.
- If purchased during regular working hours, you can expect course access within 1 to 2 hours.
- If purchased after working hours, please expect to receive your course access the following business day.
- If purchased on the weekend, please note that you will not receive course access until the next regular business day.