Construction meetings are critical to successful management of construction projects. Regular site meetings on a project with well documented minutes can facilitate communication and produce better results - making it more likely that the project will be completed successfully.
Effective construction meeting management is not as easy as it sounds! Proper meeting minutes require effective listening, accurate recording and most importantly, understanding the risks involved if an action item is not completed as promised. Minutes also should reflect the view of all stakeholders and be a complete, reliable, and accurate documentation of the current status of the project as well as the next steps, as agreed to by all parties.
Walk away with a resource manual packed with practical checklists, templates and how-to's that will help you set up the processes and procedures you need in the office or jobsite.
- Conducting effective and efficient construction meetings
- Types of construction meetings and when to have them
- Recording accurate and factual construction meeting minutes
- Understanding what standard topics and other topics to discuss and document
- Engaging project stakeholders to deliver as recorded (promised)
- Managing actionable items
- Understanding how construction meeting minutes become permanent records
- Distribution and follow-up
By the end of this course you will:
- Create and implement a construction meeting protocol and meeting minute process and procedure
- Have a greater understanding of the need to listen effectively and to record accurate and factual construction meeting minutes
- Improve project outcomes and enhance project success by the actioning and delivery of project deliverables by stakeholders
- This course is worth 3.5 Informal Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credits as approved by BC Housing.
- Live, Online, Instructor-led training, with a maximum class size of 16 students.
- This course is facilitated by the instructor on the AdobeConnect platform. Access information from the instructor will be provided to you in advance of the training.
- Attendance is mandatory for course completion.
Course Requirements (Technology & Participation)
This course requires full face-to-face interaction and participation from both the instructor and students. In order to attend, you’ll must make sure you have the following:
- Computer or laptop with webcam (webcams are mandatory): This course will involve 100% on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, you must have a webcam and use a full computer/laptop, and we do not permit students to attend using a tablet or cell phone.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions: Please plan to be fully engaged in the class, and clear your work schedule just as you would for attendance in an in-class program.
This course is offered in partnership with construction associations across Canada and you'll be participating with a cohort with peers from throughout the country.
Refunds or Transfers:
- Five (5) or more business days before the course start date: Full refund of registration fees or can be transfers to a different course date.
- Less than five (5) business days before the course start date and course no-shows: No refunds or transfers to future course dates.
- For a complete document on the NRCA Education Policies, click here.
- Substitution of another member of your company/team is permitted up to the course start date for no additional fee.
- Unless otherwise stated, every person able to see, hear, and observe the virtual course sessions must be a paid participant. Non-compliance of this requirement will result in removal from the course. Refunds will not be issued to students who are removed from the course for non-compliance of this requirement.
- If the NRCA has to postpone or cancel courses due to insufficient enrolment, NRCA will refund the registration fee or, if possible, the attendee may choose to move to an identical session in the future.