This course offers the critical basic skills and concepts needed to supervise a crew in the residential, institutional, commercial, industrial and civil construction sectors.
Supervisors play a key role in ensuring the job gets done on time, on budget and safely. This course will introduce you to all aspects of supervision, beginning with a discussion of the supervisor’s role and the skills required. Then, the supervision basics are covered: leadership vs. management, due diligence, communication skills, meetings, and handling disagreements and problems.
The course then examines the supervisor’s role with respect to safety, looking at inspections, investigations, and training. Human resource management comes next, including addressing personal problems and performance issues. The course introduces you to planning and scheduling, followed by productivity and quality, including problem-solving for quality outcomes.
The final section teaches you how to lead an effective work team by discussing concepts, motivation, and team performance.
This course will provide you with the tools to help you:
- Build your supervisory skills
- Lead a work crew
- Communicate effectively
- Understand the supervisor’s role in safety and due diligence
- Develop and motivate teams
- Address performance issues
This course is intended for foremen and supervisors or any individual who wants to become a First Level Supervisor in any part of the country, in any sector (residential, industrial, commercial, institutional, pipeline, civil).
The course duration is approximately 14 hours.
This course is available online in English and French.
ACCESSING YOUR COURSE ONLINE:
- Please note that course access is not immediate.
- If purchased during regular working hours, you can expect course access within 1 to 2 hours.
- If purchased after working hours, please expect to receive your course access the following business day.
- If purchased on the weekend, please note that you will not receive course access until the next regular business day.