The process for submitting shop drawings, submittals and samples is key to getting the right materials and equipment to the right place at the right time. However, many contractors, trade contractors and suppliers are struggling with getting timely reviews of the submittals.
This course will review the process from cradle to grave and offer tips and tricks to avoid common mistakes.
The following will be reviewed in this course:
- Common Shop Drawing Process as articulated in:
- CCDC 2 – Stipulated Price Contract
- CCA 19 – Stipulated Price Sub-Subcontract
- CCA 5B – Construction Management for Services and Construction Contract
- CCDC 14 – Stipulated Price Design Build Contract
- Procurement Schedule
- Submittal Log
- Review Process
- What to do when the client wants more than what is called for in the specifications
Guides covered by the course:
- CCA 53 – Trade Contractors Guide and Checklist to Construction Contracts
Who should attend?
Anyone who is involved with the Shop Drawing Process: Managers, Project Managers, Project Coordinators, Superintendents, Procurement, Quality Control of all levels will benefit from the workshop.
Presenter: Phil Perry, P. Eng
Phil has over thirty years in the Construction industry, most of which was managing industrial projects for general contractors. He has been teaching post-secondary construction management courses for the last thirteen years. Phil has been facilitating Better SuperVision programs since 2009. He has facilitated over five hundred courses and over four thousand students over the last five years.
Phil was the recipient of the 2018 IG Wealth Management Community National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) Coach Developer Award, presented to individuals who go above and beyond to develop trained and certified NCCP Coaches.
Refunds or Transfers:
- Five (5) or more business days before the course start date: Full refund of registration fees or can be transfers to a different course date.
- Less than five (5) business days before the course start date and course no-shows: No refunds or transfers to future course dates.
- For a complete document on the NRCA Education Policies, click here.
- Substitution of another member of your company/team is permitted up to the course start date for no additional fee.
- Unless otherwise stated, every person able to see, hear, and observe the virtual course sessions must be a paid participant. Non-compliance of this requirement will result in removal from the course. Refunds will not be issued to students who are removed from the course for non-compliance of this requirement.
- If the NRCA has to postpone or cancel courses due to insufficient enrolment, NRCA will refund the registration fee or, if possible, the attendee may choose to move to an identical session in the future.