The process for submitting Shop Drawings, Submittals and Samples is key to getting the right materials and equipment to the right place at the right time. However, many Contractors, Trade Contractors and Suppliers are struggling with getting timely reviews of the submittals.
This workshop will review the process from cradle to grave and offer tips and tricks to avoid common mistakes.
The following will be reviewed in this workshop:
Common Shop Drawing Process as articulated in:
- CCDC-2 – Stipulated Price Contract o CCA-1 – Stipulated Price Subcontract
- CCA-19 – Stipulated Price Sub-Subcontract o ACA Form A – Stipulated Price Subcontract
- CCA-5B – Construction Management for Services and Construction Contract
- CCDC-14 – Stipulated Price Design Build Contract
- Procurement Schedule
- Submittal Log
- Review Process
- What to do when the client wants more than what is called for in the Specifications
Guides covered by the course:
- ACA Doc E – Alberta Standard Guide for Shop Drawings and Submittal Procedures
- CCA 53 – Trade Contractors Guide and Checklist to Construction Contracts
Who should attend?
Anyone who is involved with the Shop Drawing Process: Managers, Project Managers, Project Coordinators, Superintendents, Procurement, Quality Control of all levels will benefit from the workshop.
Duration – 1/2 Day – 4 Hours
Course Instructor Information
Presenter: Phil Perry, P. Eng
Phil Perry has 30 plus years in the Construction Industry, most of which was Project Managing Industrial Projects for General Contractors. He has been teaching Post-Secondary Construction Management Courses for the last twelve years for organizations such as the Edmonton Construction Association, Calgary Construction Association, Winnipeg Construction Association, Ontario Roadbuilders Association, Newfoundland and Labrador Construction Association, University of Alberta Faculty of Extension, and the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology. He has been facilitating Better SuperVision programs since 2009. He has facilitated over 350 courses and over 2500 students over the last four years. In his spare time, Phil is a Master Course Facilitator for a National Sports Organization and chaired their National Coaching/Instructional Program for four years. He was the recipient of the 2018 IG Wealth Management Community National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) Coach Developer Award