This course will provide an in-depth look at the features of MS Project as a project management tool.
People enrolling in this course should have the following:
- A general understanding of project management concepts
- Basic skills with MS Project
This one-day workshop covers:
- Default Project Calendars (Standard, Night Shift, 24 Hour)
- Modify Project Calendars (6 and 7 day weeks, Statutory Holidays, etc)
- Modify Task Relationships and Lags to allow for buffers and concurrent activity
- Set and Modify the Project Baseline
- Manage resources for a project such as Labour and explore Resource Leveling options in MS Project Generate a Cash Flow Projection based on the MS Project Schedule that can be exported into MS Excel.
- Sort, Filter and Group the project information
- Format project views and Gantt Charts
- Set up a Master Program with Sub-Projects (for Construction Managers and Project Managers who are managing multiple projects at the same time)
Who should attend?
Anyone whose work involves planning and scheduling the work: Project Managers, Project Coordinators, Construction Managers, Superintendents, General Foremen, Foremen and Estimators of all levels will benefit from the workshop. This course is for Contractors and Sub-Contractors in all segments of the Construction Industry.
Canadian Construction Association Gold Seal Certification Program This course is a CCA Gold Seal Certified Course (1 Credit)
Duration – 1 Days – 7 Hours
Course Instructor Information
Presenter: Phil Perry, P. Eng
Phil Perry has 30 plus years in the Construction Industry, most of which was Project Managing Industrial Projects for General Contractors. He has been teaching Post-Secondary Construction Management Courses for the last twelve years for organizations such as the Edmonton Construction Association, Calgary Construction Association, Winnipeg Construction Association, Ontario Roadbuilders Association, Newfoundland and Labrador Construction Association, University of Alberta Faculty of Extension, and the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology. He has been facilitating Better SuperVision programs since 2009. He has facilitated over 350 courses and over 2500 students over the last four years. In his spare time, Phil is a Master Course Facilitator for a National Sports Organization and chaired their National Coaching/Instructional Program for four years. He was the recipient of the 2018 IG Wealth Management Community National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) Coach Developer Award